Who am I?

I am a first term vet student at St. George University in Grenada. This is my story of my life and school here.
I am from TN in the United states, and back home I left my terrific husband, my crazy dog, and my intolerable cat. So right now it's just me and the friends I make along the way.

Saturday 22 February 2014

I know it has been a while, but studying is CRAZY!!!

Things I have done: studied, gone to class, studied...
Oh and I did get to do an AAARF wet lab where we discussed handling and transportation of injured animals, which was awesome! I highly recommend this, it was good to go over things like how to use a backboard, do animal CPR, have to muzzle without a muzzle, how to splint an injured limb, and how to use a rabies pole. It was very educational and a good opportunity to get a bit more hands-on experience.



I also got to go with the animal welfare committee and work at Amistad Stables. It is a riding stable that has been having a pretty rough time. Originally, the owner worked with the Department of Agriculture to open a riding stable, in hopes of attracting more tourists. Unfortunately, it has not been going according to plan and the costs of keeping a horse on the island is quite high, and thus he can not afford to maintain these animals. SGU decided to step in, and has been working with him the past year to help provide better care for these animals in hopes of developing the riding stables to take better care of these animals long term. That is where we come in. The students provide vet care for the animals, as well as assisting with upkeep and development of the barn.



No comments:

Post a Comment